Monday 2 May 2011

CCG 183 Only a Kiss and 183B Apple of My Eye - March 2011


It’s still Fashion Week here at CCG! Is that a butterfly dress? YES! I have to credit Debbi for finding this amazing photo! So the Designer’s Challenge is Focus on Product - include butterflies in your layouts and cards. Have fun with it!


Even if I admire all other LOs with orange in them, I find it incredibly hard to play with that particular colour. Anyho, here it is, my nbr 183.

After last week's opulence I felt like doing something rather clean. The photos are of my vibrant and colourful friend Rebekah and her darling Eric, they graciously allowed me to scrap their engagement photos and this is the second last in a series that I've made for them and will be shipping to Florida for their wedding on 17 March. Isn't her hair just fantastic!

Pps are from left to right; DCWV Linen Closet, Danish Tilda, MME Lost&Found and MME Stella&Rose ledger. I printed butterflies on acetate, painted them with Shimmerz Under the Sea for teal and Orange Sherbert for orange. I layered two of them and then Stickled the wings with Turquoise and Orange. I misted the ledger with Glimmermist Patina.

The Prima flower was more of peach before I painted it with Shimmerz Orange Sherbet. Round letters are FP For the Record which I have layered on top of MME Stella&Rose. Cream seam binding and orange velvet ribbon.


The DA flourish I first chalked in black and then covered with Stickles Black Diamond. Some muslin that I misted and smeared with Gesso before adding the butterflies on top.



This is the last in the series of layouts that I have made for Rebekah and Eric. I named it 183B as it does not have any teal in it but I still wanted to share it with you. It does have orange/yellow/green/red though *giggle* and might fit in with a previous palette waaaaayyy back.


Black Bazzil cardstock and the last of the handmade thick cream papers that I've been saving for something special. Pps and cut-outs are WB Spring Market and MME Stella & Rose. The only add on is the red stitching of the word "love" and the read yarn that I have stitched onto the machine stitching and left the ends to hang loose.





Thank you so much for looking at my pages and should you find the time to leave a comment, you will have made my day! :))

1 comment:

  1. well heck! you made my day by sending me these gorgeous layouts!! so i'll make yours.. by leaving a tiny comment! cool to read about them from your perspective - just love the butterfly and black swirly thing and that 2nd layout is amazing perfect for our kitchen! we have them hanging all over out house! you rock!

    ReplyDelete