Friday 1 July 2011

TCR #64 Special Childhood Memories and release of new DT at CCG

Finally - last day of work before blissful summer freedom! Having a late start to the day and am working from home yay!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I absolutely adored TCR's palette #64 but got seriously stuck with my mojo deserting me. Good thing was I got to play just for fun making the other two pages. Anyhow, as I got home from work yesterday evening, our cats had pushed down some papers that I had sitting our kitchen table onto the floor. As soon as I saw what had come up on top my mojo banged me on my head and demanded some action. I normally NEVER have any energy left to scrap during weekdays but now I got such an extra energy boost from nowhere that dear hubbs and cats just stared at me in wonder. They all quietly retreated to the family room ..

Here is what my frenzied tearing, cutting and pasting resulted in after an hour (seriously no joking, I NEVER produce anything in less than 4 hours!!):

#64_Childhood Memories 4000px-main

I bought this floral Glitz paper just because it is so pretty, had no project in mind at the time.

#64_Childhood Memories 4000px - 2

Isn't the Imaginarium Design chippie title just the yummiest?! their products are out of this world gorgeous! I started by dabbing it entirely in Sky Blue. Then misting it with TA chalboard Cornflower. Traced some Shimmerz Blingz in December Sky around the edges and finished off with Stickles Diamond. The pearly shimmery effect is divine IRL, as always nothing of it photographs any good.

I've placed an order with them for some more of their amazing lovelies, will start stalking the postie next week. Absolutely mind boggling stuff!  If you haven't checked them out before, please do!! You find their BLOG if you click HERE and their webshop if you click HERE

#64_Childhood Memories 4000px-3

The flowers and leaves are snipped off from a bouquet of silk summer blooms that I've had for ages; buttercups and forget-me-nots - what can be more summery than that! The duckies are cut-out from October Afternoon 5&Dime and the resin frame is from my stash. Some mini Basic Grey buttons, and Maya Road trinket pins.

#64_Childhood Memories 4000px-4

The dotted yellow&white pp is from K&Co Water Color Bouquet, the sky blue is from Martha Stewart Lace & Doilies, the music sheet is an old MME, the red&white dotted is Crate, the soft floral to the far left and right is and old K&Co. The cherries I cut out from the K&Co Flora & Fauna. A snippet of left over lace, the fabric brad is from Danish Tilda, the small white doily and the large yellow one at the top are bought from Leanne Pearce's Chip Chop Shop on Etsy that you will find HERE

#64_Childhood Memories 4000px-5

Just had to show you a close up of the girls!

#64_Childhood Memories 4000px-6

Both TCR and CCG released their new palettes this morning, CCG using the same one that they had for their DT call last week;


This week's Designer Challenge: Focus on Style - Retro, Shabby or Heritage. What is your style? Bring it on!!! Use a vintage design in your projects (layouts or cards) this week.


*DRUM ROLL* I am truly happy to see soooo many familiar names on the list of CCG's new DT members, so many awesomely talented ladies!

Continuing from our 2010 Team:

Bente Fagerberg - Sweden
Debbi Tehrani - USA
Kaori Watanabe - Japan
Kim Moreno - USA
LG Belarmino - Philippines
Maiko Kosugi - Japan
Nadia Cannizzo - Australia
Ria Mojica - Philippines
Sarah Klemish - USA
Susan Dupre - USA
Susan Stringfellow - USA
Wendy Kwok - Singapore

And Introducing….

Cynthia Lloréns - Brazil
Eva Pizarro - Chile
Fi Kenward - Australia
Helen Tilbury - South Africa
Jasmine Shea - Australia
Kaori Fujimoto - Japan
Karen Watson - Australia
Kelly Holbrook - USA
Lilith Eeckels - Belgium
Marilyn Rivera - Puerto Rico
Melinda Thompson - Australia
Milagros C. Rivera - Puerto Rico
Nancy Burke - USA
Nomura Tomomi - Japan
Tanya Tahir - Australia
Tina Walker - USA

WOOT WOOT!! CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU!!

Well, time to push in the last few hours of work. Ta for taking the time to have a peek, you know how much I love reading your comments so thanks in advance for any you might want to leave again!

Wish you all a fantastic weekend! Weather forecast has promised rain, rain and some more rain in Stockholm.

xoxoxo Eila

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous lo Eila!! love all the tearing cutting ...all in an hour yay you you ...have a nice indoor weekend lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nydelig LO, Eila! Skal si du har vært ivrig med denne :) Og bildet var fantastisk flott :)
    Jeg har aldri vært med på CCG, så kanskje jeg må prøve meg der en gang :)
    Ha en super dag!
    Tusen takk for alle de fantastisk koselige kommentarene på bloggen min. Du må jo bare verdens søteste menneske ! :) Stor klem fra Brit

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the most gorgeous photo Eila.... too funny about the cat but at least it got your mojo back... Adorable page and I specially love all the layered paper underneath the photo. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eila:

    This is a fantastic layout! I love the layers and tearing, etc. Another beautiful job! Hope you enjoy your raining weekend! Your smile always lights up a room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!! love the tearing and all the layering and the doilies! This photo is awesome!
    I'm so happy that you're more relax, now!! You see your cats made that you inspiration come back, lol! Enjoy the weekend, Dear!!
    hugs and kisses!!! Muak :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful and again full with cool details.
    Also thanks for al your sweet comments on my blog.
    have a lovely weekend byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny, the cats now do the scrapping in your house LOL, lovely creation, so colourful adore the little frame with the duckies and that covered fabric button is stunning, oh dear rain, no we are basking in glorious sunshine today, had my nail painted bright pink this morning, went for lunch and then spent the afternoon on the sun lounger with my copy of Somerset Studio and a glass of wine, sheer bliss, hope the weather picks up for you especially as you are on hols soon, take care my friend and speak to you soon x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your mojo certainly served you well...what a beautiful page...and I can't believe you completed it in an hour. It takes me hours to mull over a layout. :) I love your great mix of paper and the way you have layered them and torn them. Those silk blooms are superb, and I love your use of misting and stickles...I can only imagine how amazing it must look in real life..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout with beautiful details and two sweet girls!
    Minä ja mieheni lähdemme perjantaina Suomeen pariksi viikoksi. Andrea lähti toissapäivänä viideksi viikoksi USA:an Amerikan-sisareni luokse. Vähän minua jännitti, koska hän lensi yksin (lentoemojen paapomana kuitenkin), mutta lento oli mennyt ihan hienosti.
    Ihan hullua, meillä on 3 lasta, jotka ovat tällä hetkellä kaikki eri maanosissa: vanhin Australia/Oceaniassa, toiseksi vanhin Aasiassa ja kuopus Pohjois-Amerikassa!!!! Elokuussa kaikki tosin palaavat kotiin.
    Jos ikinä haluat mennä Mykonokselle sinne hotelliin, josta ne valokuvat ovat, kerro mulle niin ilmoitan omistajalle, joka on hyvä ystäväni:))))
    En taida skräpätä enää ennen lähtöä, jotenkin tuli kiintiö täydeksi kesäkuun aikana! Jatkan sitten taas heinäkuun lopulla.
    Hyvää lomaa sinulle!

    hugs
    H

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Eila this is just absolutely beautiful! Love how you pay attention to detail! Your layers are wonderful with such a sweet mix and that pic is just so cute! Fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty design...I always appreciate your close-up shots of different parts of your layouts, so I can study how you put together all of the intricate layers of flowers, ribbon, and lace! Each piece is placed perfectly, and complements everything else just right!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eila you are so sweet to drop in on me. Thanks for your lovely comments. I appreciate so much.

    I just adore this gorgeous page. Such a beautiful pic and fab distressing on your elements. 1 hour is wonderful. I'm such a slow scrapper.
    Happy holiday ahead,
    Jenix

    ReplyDelete
  13. very beautiful page at allways...bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work Eila! I also take 3 hours minimum to produce anything...just not blogworthy otherwise :) and I don't like anything that's not just as I want it. Hope you got my e mail...sent it just before I left to go away...knolw it is gorgeous weather for you out so much more fun to be enjoying it as it's so rare for you...oops I do hope the rain stays away!

    ReplyDelete