Saturday 27 October 2012

TCR # 134 "Magic"

Woke up this Saturday morning and practically bounced off my bed. WHAT a glorious day it promises to be! the first snow came the other night but disappeared quickly, just a teaser. The sun shines crisp and cold over the roof tops of Stockholm and there is not a single cloud in sight on the ice blue sky.

Hubbs and I are going to the opening ceremony of the National Arena of Stockholm this evening. It's a mega indoor stadium, seats 43 000 people, for sports and concerts. My stepdaughter Emelie works for the TV company broadcasting tonight's show with HRH Crown Princess Victoria and her husband HRH Prince Daniel as guests of honour. DH and I are really looking forward to this evening's festivities!

The Color Room released palette # 134 yesterday. Lydell Quin creates palettes for the Swedish scrappy magazine Inzpira several times a year and the current one is one of them.

This week we're having teal, red, silver and white. Pile on the sparkle ladies! it's less than 60 days to Christmas!


I wanted to make something with a winter theme but with a whimsical feel to it. Here's my take that I have called "Magic".


My base is watercolour paper that I have brayered with cream acrylic paint and gesso before misting really wet to get a watercolour effect.


The DA chippie branch with birds was dabbed in white acrylic paint, smeared in modelling paste, misted in blues and teals, embossed in ivory, misted in silver grey and misted in Mister Huey's Opaque White for crispy winter texture. I then randomly used a script stamp.


The angel is fussy cut from one of the MME All is Bright Christmas papers. The wings are from Norwegian Tilda's Christmas 2012 collection. I brushed some silver mist and Stickles in Crystal on them.


Masking/modelling pasting with TCW 6x6 template with bubbles and another with stars. Brushed some Winsor & Churchill Iridiescent Medium over it for some subtle shine.


Strips of ripped crocheted doily, lace, tissue paper and canvas under the banner. The silver alphas are ancient American Craft. The Melissa Frances resin flourish I snapped in two and tucked into both bottom clusters.


The silver star is also from Tilda's Christmas 2012 collection, the rest is Prima.


The cute die-cut deer is also from Tilda's Christmas 2012 collection. The photo of the apples is from internet.


After the brayering and misting, I sprinkled on Shimmerz Enamelz in Jack Frost and zapped it. Then I unevenly brushed some glue here and there and sprinkled glitter and embossing powder that I also zapped. Used the same treatment on the chippie window frame. Bubbles very nicely! Mister Huey's Opaque White makes the best wintery fine splatter!


Tone on tone stamping. I also used an old small plastic doily and TH Old Linen to stamp subtle doily patterns over the whole page. Amost invisible, but quite lovely IRL.

Before I sign off, here's a peek of CSI's case file # 43 that was released last night European time.


I'll be back on Tuesday to share how I cracked this gorgeous palette with you. Till then, happy weekend to you all!! 

P.S. I am visiting blogs and commenting every single day, don't for a second think I've forgotten you!!!

Toodelipip! xoxox Eila

25 comments:

  1. Wow, this is totally gorgeous! A purely magical lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work so many cool idea´s.
    byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastisk sida med så mycket härliga vintriga frostiga detaljer. Du är såååå bra!! Nu vill jag också sätta mig och pyssla i mitt rum.. blir så inspirerad av dig... men här är det projekt städning idag!! med en katt och två små som bär in hela skogen och naturen så är golven rätt igengrodda!! Men senare kanske..

    Ha det gott vännen!

    Kramiz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the colors!! I really love all the layering and flowers....you can never really have too many flowers....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAGIC indeed! Looks like you switched your TCR posts to Saturday and your CSI posts to Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This us utterly delightful and makes me long for the holiday. A work of art that I sincerly hope you hang on a wall for all your holiday visitors to enjoy. Enjoy your lovely evening Eila.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow!!!! Eila "magic" is exactly what came to my mind when i took the first look at your project! it is simply amazing!!!! all the details, the colors and the textures are beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a work of art!! you managed to transport us into the scene and the effects and techniques are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, amazing page! I just adore everything about it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are having a wonderful time at the opening celebrations right now! Wow Eila this layout is tremendous. Love all your attention to detail & study every image in detail to soak it all in! Definitely time for a tutorial from you on how to achieve these wonderful effects!! Such great stash in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Magic... almost like winter wonderland meets the autumn with red and delicious looking apples. love the textures you have made on the back ground and all the amazing looking embellishments
    ønsker deg en flott helg og ha det gøy på konsert :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Eila, I agree, this really is magical..so much beautiful sparkle and texture, just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Eila.... How can I not love this layout!!! Its stunning .... the texture.... the colors... everything on it...just screams beautiful!!! You are amazing Eila.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. our layout is super, love the little cherub dreamy in a magical textural forest. everything looks amazing :) hope you have fun tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waouh.. It is beautiful .I'm a little confused with the new site The Color Room.. I am happy to see your beautiful page.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Eila, I really love all the work you have done here. Absolutely stunning detailing and depth. It is magical! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so lovely page! I hope you'll frame it and put it on display :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful page. So much to explore! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you lovely, lovely lady ! So nice to have you back with us Eila and thank you so,so much for all the lovely, wonderful comments you leave for me. Your page is AMAZING, truly, the detail and techniques you've used are all brilliant ( it must have taken ages ). I really love that crisp, icy feel you have achieved. Your concert sounds beautiful, hope you and hubby had a great time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Eiila, have missed posting on your blog, got carried away with time so trying to catch up! Gorgeous layout and techniques, love the colours, take care x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Eila- first of all, this layout truly is "magical"~!! I love the wintery, frosty effect that is ALL OVER this one- LOVE LOVE LOVE~!!

    Secondly, I just had to stop by as you'd commented on my MHC page and I guess I DID word it funny- but no, I'm not done with my term there- I just am done for the month, lol! As in, last project for October...before moving on to November, haha! I have a year term there, thankfully :D~!!

    Thanks always for your sweet comments!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooops sorry Eila. I made a mistake!!! Love this page, especially the background. Just gorgeous, all those yummy textures. BEAUTIFUL. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh lovely background and so many tips and techniques to borrow and use in my new mixed media foray!! Love the whimsical feel to this. I do so wish I could see these pages in real life, just one question....do you put them into 'normal' scrapbooks?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just adore this Christmas collection Eila and I have used it a few times now! Every time I pick it up I fall in love with it all over again. You've done such stunning job with it too it just makes me wanna rip into it! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete