Saturday 10 November 2012

TCR # 136 On Top of the World and October Prima PPP canvas

Busy busy bee this whole week and the weekend is pretty buy too, so this is going to be a short post word-wise. Sharing my TCR # 136 page and October Prima PPP that is an 8x8 canvas.

First the prompt from The Color Room, delish hues of teal and blue with a pretty sketch by Lydell Quin. Just look at that photo with the sweeping yards and yards of fabric. Mmmmm ...

I absolutely adore this palette, but somehow couldn't get anything right this time. This is what I came up with after having binned two attempts. Not at all happy with the result.

 #136_On Top of the World 1000px main
The grey text paper is by Authentique and the top strip from KaiserCraft Timeless as are the postcards layered under the photo.

 #136_On Top of the World - 2
The beautiful young lady to the left is the same as in my joint OUAS & CSI # 36 Sunkissed.

 #136_On Top of the World - 3
I got the idea for this bit on my page from Janine Koczwara who has beautiful embossed glittering masked peonies on her TCR # 136 page. Thank you for the inspiration Janine! I used Stickles in Waterfall on mine.

 #136_On Top of the World - 4
I fussy-cut butterflies from one of the papers in the Kaiser Craft Timeless collection and accidentally saw that the back was actually nicer than the front. So I stamped some more on them and traced the wings in Stickles Waterfall. The jewels are Prima, the safety pin Tim Holtz and the clock face is ancient from I don't know whom.

 #136_On top of the World - 5
The diecuts are from one of the Kaiser Craft collections, cannot remember which, as I have them loose in a jar.

#136_On Top of the World - 6 

The October Prima PPP was with Halloween colours and as we don't celebrate Halloween in my parts of the world, it was a major challenge to use the colour combo of mainly purple, orange and lime green. Here's my take.

Prima OCT2012 PPP Canvas 1000px main
For the first time ever, I made a canvas. This is a rather small one, 8x8 as opposed to all my pages that are 12x12.

You might recognize the pretty young lady on the far left, she is the one and same as in my TCR page above. Here she is with her siblings. They live in Wellington, New Zealand.

 Prima OCT2012 PPP Canvas - 3

 Prima OCT2012 PPP Canvas - 4

 Prima OCT2012 PPP Canvas - 5

 Prima OCT2012 PPP Canvas - 6 

 Prima OCT2012 PPP Canvas - 7 
Tonight gives me another reason to put on my gladrags, a friend's rather important milestone is to be celebrated. I fear I will be a tad off tomorrow :))


To all of you beautiful people out there - have a fantastic weekend!! See those of you who want to, on Tuesday when I will share my CSI # 45 page and my October Prima BAP.


Toodeloo! xoxo Eila


17 comments:

  1. Eila, they are both so inspiring! I love how ou work with embellies and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pages are wonderful again and we don't celebrate halloween over to..but you did a cool job!
    byeeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just spectacular. The layout is gorgeous but the canvas made me speechless. I wish you would give a tutorial on how you get those textures I stared at it for so long trying to figure it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Två helt fantastiska alster så otroligt välarbetade och vackra. Hur lång tid tar det för dig att göra en sida??? Tror aldrig jag skulle ha tålamodet att fixa och trixa med detaljer som du gör. Imponerande!

    Kramiz Maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pages - don't have a clue what you could be unhappy about with that first one - it's fantastic! I agree - would love to know how you do your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That canvas! That canvas.....is utterly awesome! Love the undulating folds at the top that create movement and the fabulous rich textures. So very bold of you Eila! I haven't seen this side of you..wink wink. And, I'm loving the use of that stamp (which by the way I found one :)).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why aren't you happy with your lay-out? In my opinion it is stunning! You worked these colours really well!
    I'm simply in love with that gorgeous canvas too! So many amazing textures and details - the little beads are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely fabulous, and then some, Eila!!! I love all of your amazing detail and textures in your layouts, never ceases to awe me!! Gorgeous creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.... why dont you love Eila..I love both....the layout and your canvas.... absolutely stunning!!!!You know how much I adore your work right... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG you are a star!! I adore the use of stickles on your first lo, those flowers are fabulous! I have no idea why you wouldn't be thrilled with the result....I am and I am sure your muse will be :0) Your canvas is incredible...are they beads nestling in the paste ( I am assuming it's paste) if so that is an idea I am definitely pinching...love it!! Hope you had an amazing night and you are now relaxing with a good cuppa (or should that be a pint of water and a couple of pills!!) Have a great rest of the weekend my lovely friend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are being a little hard on yourself Miss Eila. Love both of these, BEAUTIFUL as always. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Eila these are just sensational so much detail and beauty .... loving all these techniques and all the trimmings ... super duper work my friend xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your interpretation of this color palette. and as you found your inspiration from your collegue, I always search for some new details on your projects. your fantasy and creativeness are endless. thank you for the tip with stickles, I still hardly find the use for them in my works.
    and your canvas, it is small in size but you have managed to show many details and techniques too. for me it is a challenge, specially in mini albums.
    thank you for the comments on my works, you have remind me to be generous on warm words too, I am lazy about it, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pages my dear friend!! love both but my Fave is the first one. Love all the textures here...Gorgeous work as always!!! Take care and don't work too much! Hugs, xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow. You just amaze me with every page, honestly you do. The dimension, texture and detail in ever page shows how much work you put in. Love the peonies. I have this mask so maybe I could try this....
    Fab fab work Eila.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning!!! Both of these are just fabulous my friend.. Doesn't look like you struggled at all. Lovely photos and amazing texture and details as ever!! Love the glittery peonies & the pearls you have draped around the blooms - luscious stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another gorgeous page and that canvas is stunning - love the embossing of the prima stamp love the idea - the canvas has just some many details super super work.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete