Saturday 8 June 2013

SATW June challenge - close ups of "Bumble Bee"

Hello again!

This is going to be a short blogpost in which I'm sharing some close-ups of my take on the SATW June challenge. I will be back again on 9 June with the name of the winner of my PaperHaus SUMMER DELIGHT bloghop prize and my take on the Blue Fern Studios June sketch challenge.

First a recap of the mood board and sketch. CLICK HERE to be taken to the Scrap Around The World June challenge reveal:


 

I had so many ideas for my page, so many ways to interpret both the lovely sketch and the delish moodboard.

The pink rose set the tone for my page as did the banner although I moved it under my photo instead. The stacked books & pink cake inspired me to stack my fussy-cut elements. I was inspired by the pale tones of the mood board, particularly the addition of brown that always adds a vintage feel.  The sketch was my initial inspiration although I ended up moving elements around to accommodate the many fussy-cut elements I wanted to include in my page.


All papers used are from Swedish Pion Design's latest collection Vintage Garden. I had originally planned to use something minty and pale pink but when I started rummaging for papers and embellies, I couldn't find anything in mint. So when the postman knocked on the door with a parcel and I saw these papers, Bob was my uncle and pink became the main colour.


Scrapping soft and vintage now and then does something special for me, even if I like to create mixed media pages too.



 Et voilà! that's it for today! 

I'll be back tomorrow Sunday, 9 June when I'll share my take on Blue Fern Studios June sketch challenge. Till then, have a beautiful weekend and take care of yourselves.

Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

7 comments:

  1. Love the close-ups of this lo. Everything ties in together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful, Eila, as always! Your use of color and your layering are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little girl is so cute. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous, Eila...loved seeing your layout over on SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout with all the little tit bits on it - just perfect
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful. Soft & vintage, mixed-media, whichever way you do it it always looks like "Eila" - love your definitive style xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for interpreting my moodboard so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete