Saturday 28 September 2013

Prima September BAP - "Smile"

Happy Saturday everyone!

Temperatures are falling quickly over here. Yesterday we had +2C (that's 32F) and almost sleety rain. Brrrr! Perfect excuse for staying indoors though :))

It is also that time of the year when I meet my fellow European Executive Assistants for our Annual General Meeting in a European capital. This year it takes place in my beloved London yay! Leaving on Wednesday and coming back home on Sunday so I will have a couple of pre-scheduled posts next week.

But today is Saturday and I thought I'd share my take on the Prima September BAP. First the sketch. I've kept true to it.

2013 September BAP 

This little guy is the son of friends. 
I have the permission of his parents to use his photo on my page, 
which I have given to them as a gift.

 Stash-raided papers combined with a dash of Delight, 
new embellies and blooms.

 The new Bellas (pale blue flowers) stole my heart with 
their crisp petals and soft colours.



 Prima recently released some gorgeous canvas blooms too. 
I immediately hoarded packs of them.

 Used water colour inks instead of mists on this page. 
Luscious gold mixed with pastel blue and milky white.
IRL it looks like the Milky Way glimmering and shining
in beautiful pools.

 Snapped a resin frame in pieces and used in the corners.



 Prima have oodles of cute little wood embellies. 
Most of the time I use them raw but here I have 
chalked up the butterflies in brown and 
randomly splattered gold water colour ink on them.

 And that's it!

***
PRODUCT LIST

Papers:  
Prima Fairy Belle, Printery, LifeTime and Delight

Embellies:
Prima wood icons Birds and Butterflies
Prima Shabby Chic Treasures resin flower heart
Prima resin frame
Prima resin key
Prima resin doe
Prima resin feathers
Prima metal trinket
Prima Delight tickets and tags
Prima grey Layla rose
Prima la Tela white canvas rose - collection 1
Prima la Tela canvas and lace bloom - collection 4
Prima Bellas pale blue blooms - collection 1
Prima mini lightbulb
Prima canvas alphas big and small
 Prima Ingvild Bolme Fluid Chalk Dark Bark

Stash:
Lace
Ecoline water colour ink in Gold 801, White 100, Pastel Blue 580
mini crocheted doily
Dusty Attic chicken wire chipboard
Crafters Workshop mask (mini stars)

***
My next post will be on Monday, 30th 
when I'll share my last page as 
GDT at Norwegian Papirdesign.

Stay safe, take care and enjoy your weekend!

Cheers! xoxo Eila


 

18 comments:

  1. Gosh, this is just as sweet as can be! It's such a gorgeous lay-out full of lovely details and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sweet...how gorgeous is that little face. Beautifully placed elements wrap around the photo without crowding it. Lots of scrumptious layers. Especially like the inked stars and the pale blue flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous page, full of so many beautiful details and layers, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. exquisite and so inspiring my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo! The page is full of gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my - this is just wow... looooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful page! I love everything you do! The child's photo is perfect and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ååå vilken fin LO du har her. En virkelig flott gave å gi bort. Ønsker deg en flott helg :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning lo Eila! full of gorgeous details and just placed the right spot,havn't even had a spare moment to think about the challenge must be a first hey! not long to go now...have a great day xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful page to wake up to in my inbox!! WOW!!! That was certainly worth the 2 degree sleet! It is a winner and a beauty!! I love every tiny detail and your idea with snapping the frame in half is genius! I didn't buy them because I wondered how I would use them...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a dreamy page, your friends must be thrilled to have such a treasure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this layout - fab photo too... love your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eila, this is absolutely adorable!!!!! Gorgeous page full of such pretty little details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowza Eila! What a stunning layout! Love all the layers and your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous-I love al the layers and textures; so many sweet details to see!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AHhh I love your Eila...!!! This page is so beautiful!!! You are amazing!!!! Love this!!! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Eila, thanks for your lovely comment about my SATW layout..its always nice to get such nice feedback.
    Your layout here is just Gorgeous...so many amazing little details... Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vilken läcker sida! välarbetad som alltid. GORGEOUS!!!
    Själv hann jag inte göra varken BAP eller PPP i september...

    ReplyDelete