Tuesday 3 September 2013

Scrap Around The World September challenge - close-ups "My Elephant"


Hello again!

Now WHAT do you think of our Mystery Guest ?! pretty awesome huh to have the one and only Limor Webber create with the Scrap Around The World's September mood board as inspiration!!

Here are the MUST HAVE deets you need to know NOW!
Limor's blog address where she gives us a mention and a link HERE!!

**** See the event details on FACEBOOK here****

{copied & pasted below}

Join me Tuesday 7pm MST (6pm PST, 8pm CST, 9pm EST) where I will put together 
a layout based on a Sketch and show you step by step how I go about designing 
my layouts. This class is absolutely FREE!!!!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/limor1806
Our Fabulous sponsor this month is 7 Dots Studio!!!

Feels a bit intimidating to share my simple page with you knowing she will awe everyone with her masterful display of talent.


I was inspired by the lace pattern in the first photo up to the left 
and the flourishes above and under the photos in the sketch. 
The butterfly of course and the strips going horizontally.

I immediately thought of some KaiserCraft papers with a delish damask pattern 
and some others with a lovely peachy-pinkish tone. 
When I found some KaiserCraft wooden flourishes 
in my stash, I had it all going.


The little guy in the photo belongs to my fave Finnish photographer. 
Isn't he just adorable!
The elephant is his toy cuddly.

Prima metal embellies layered on top of each other. 
Love those resin gables!




PRODUCT LIST

Papers: KaiserCraft collections Porcelain Rose (polka dot and script) 
and On This Day (damask) + b&w stripey matting
Flowers: Prima (vine, creamy yellow and peach) and Petaloo (black)
Embellies:  TH bookplates, Prima metal trinkets and resins, KaiserCraft resin flowers, KaiserCraft wood flourishes
Stash: gesso, pink acrylic paint, TH Soot distress ink, pearl stick pins, lace, stamps, cardstocks, KaiserCraft and Prima alphas, TA mist Wheatfields

***
 That's it for today! thanks for coming by!

I'll be back on Thursday, 5th with the Once Upon A Sketch September challenge
and also on the day after 
with day 6 of the
The PaperHaus Magazine Fall Splendor blog hop.
I have a page especially created for this partcular stop.

Ta ta! xoxo Eila


6 comments:

  1. So yummy!! Love this page with it's wonderful textures & subtle colour additions. See lots from you in PaperHaus this month too - wooohooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great texture and stunning layout Eila .... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Eila! Love all the dimension and layers! Darling photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super stunning. I just love that photo. And the LO. Is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute photograph Eila, and I love how you have scrapped it ... perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet page, with beautiful details! Love the colouring and the lace..just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete